Jacksonville Dog Bite Lawyers
Dog attacks cause serious injuries and death to many people every year. If you or your child is attacked by a dog in Florida, our dog bite lawyers will help you pursue a claim to receive the full compensation you deserve.
Florida’s law of strict liability for dog bites states that, “The owner of any dog that bites any person while such person is on or in a public place, or lawfully on or in a private place, including the property of the owner of the dog, is liable for damages suffered by persons bitten, regardless of the former viciousness of the dog or the owners’ knowledge of such viciousness.”
Dog bites are very serious injuries and can result in permanent scaring, nerve damage, and lasting psychological trauma. Many victims, especially young children, suffer psychological trauma that requires years of counseling.
Aggressive Jacksonville Dog Bite Attorneys
To recover full compensation for medical expenses, counseling, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, pain and suffering, and emotional distress, contact our dog bite lawyers at the Law Offices of Nooney & Roberts as soon as possible. From our office in Jacksonville, Florida, we offer free initial consultations and take all dog bite injury cases on a contingency basis. This means our attorney fee is based on a percentage of any settlement we obtain for you, so there is no risk to you. If we cannot win a favorable verdict on your behalf, you owe us nothing.
No dog bite case is too small or insignificant. Contact the Law Offices of Nooney & Roberts immediately if you have been injured by a dog bite or mauling.
If you have any legal question about an animal attack, contact our Jacksonville dog bite lawyers today for a free initial consultation. Let us help make your bad situation better. We look forward to helping you resolve your legal matter.
Protecting Children from Dog Bites
Children suffer the majority of dog bites according the to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In certain circumstances, even the most docile animal may bite, which makes predicting dog bites nearly impossible. Rest assured, you can take certain precautions to protect your children from dog bites. If you or a loved one has been bitten or attacked by a dog, contact an attorney at our office for more information about the possibilities for your case.
Preventing Dog Bites
You can reduce the risk of dog bites by following simple steps. These include:
- Do not disturb or approach dogs that are sleeping, eating or nursing puppies
- Do not approach strange or unfamiliar dogs outside, tied up, in a car or anywhere else you may find them
- Always ask an owner’s permission before petting his or her dog
- Do not chase, tease, run away from or yell at dogs
- Do not stare a strange dog in the eyes – this can be mistaken as a threat by the dog
- Always let a dog smell your hand before petting it
- Never leave babies or young children alone with dogs
- If you are approached by an unknown dog, do not yell or run, but stand very still and allow the dog to smell you
- If you see a dog behaving strangely, report it to your community’s animal control or humane society immediately
By following these simple preventive measures we hope that you can prevent your child from the pain and trauma of an animal attack.
Our dog bite lawyers counsel clients in Jacksonville, Florida and the surrounding communities of Orange Park, St. Augustine, Green Cove Springs, Callahan, Palatka, Fernandina Beach, Gainesville, and Lake City.