Dog attacks cause severe injuries and death to countless people each year. If you or your child has been attacked by a dog in Florida, our dog bite lawyers will help you file a claim to receive the full compensation you deserve.
The Florida law section 767.04 states that, “The owner of any dog that bites any person while such person is on or in a public place, or lawfully on or in a private place, including the property of the owner of the dog, is liable for damages suffered by persons bitten, regardless of the former viciousness of the dog or the owners’ knowledge of such viciousness.”
Dog bites are very serious injuries and can lead to permanent scaring, nerve damage, and lifelong psychological trauma. Many victims, particularly young children, suffer psychological trauma that acquires years of counseling and therapy.Aggressive Jacksonville Dog Bite Attorneys
Receive full compensation for medical expenses, counseling, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, pain and suffering, and emotional distress, by contacting our dog bite lawyers at the Law Offices of Nooney & Roberts. At our office in Jacksonville, Florida, we offer free initial consultations and take all dog bite injury cases on a contingency basis. This means that our attorney fee is based on a percentage of any settlement we obtain for you, so there is no risk to you. If we cannot win a desirable verdict on your behalf, you owe us nothing.
No dog bite case is too small or insignificant. Please contact the Law Offices of Nooney & Roberts immediately if you have been injured by a dog bite or attack.
If you have any legal question or concern about an animal attack, contact our Jacksonville dog bite lawyers today for a free initial consultation. Let us help make your bad situation better. We look forward to helping you solve your legal matter.Protecting Children from Dog Bites
Children suffer the majority of dog bites according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In some circumstances, even the most passive animal may bite, which makes predicting dog bites almost impossible. Rest assured, you can take several precautions to protect your children from dog bites. If you or a loved one has been bitten or attacked by a dog, contact an attorney at our office to receive more information about the possibilities for your case.Preventing Dog Bites
You can reduce the risk of dog bites by following easy steps. These include:
- Do not disturb or approach dogs that are sleeping, eating or nursing puppies.
- Do not approach strange or unknown dogs outside, tied up, in a car or anywhere else you may see them.
- Always ask an owner’s permission before petting his or her dog.
- Do not chase, tease, provoke, run away from or yell at dogs.
- Do not stare a strange dog in the eyes – this can be seen as a threat to the dog.
- Always allow a dog smell your hand before petting it.
- Never leave babies or young children alone around dogs.
- If you are approached by an unfamiliar dog, do not yell or run. Instead, stand very still and allow the dog to smell you.
- If you see a dog behaving unusually, report it to your community’s animal control or local humane society immediately.
As you follow these simple preventive measures, we hope that you can prevent your child from the pain and suffering of an animal attack.
Our dog bite lawyers help clients in Jacksonville, Florida as well as other cities like Orange Park, St. Augustine, Green Cove Springs, Callahan, Palatka, Fernandina Beach, Gainesville, and Lake City.